Revenue + Fundraising Coordinator
Deadline to apply: Sunday, October 15, 11:59pm CST
Sixty Inches From Center is looking for an organized and optimistic person to join Sixty’s revenue and fundraising team. This person will help develop and manage the fundraising initiatives and efforts that support Sixty’s projects, publishings, and operations. Working in close collaboration with members of Sixty’s team, this role will take the lead on tasks such as researching mission-aligned grant, sponsorship, and partnership opportunities as well as implementing key elements of Sixty’s non-grant revenue streams (donations, products/publications, events, etc.).
Sixty is a worker-led, non-hierarchical nonprofit that practices distributed leadership, therefore we are seeking someone with a background and interest in both non-traditional and traditional fundraising approaches that match our values. Alongside this, we are seeking someone with strong research, deadline, management, and communication skills. Having past or present experience and knowledge in grant research, arts administration, copyediting, and non-grant fundraising is ideal. To be clear, this is not a grant writing position, but if you have strong grant writing experience, you may have the option to take on additional paid grant writing work as an extension of this role.
After completing the orientation process, the person in this role will design their workflow and schedule based on their own needs as well as Sixty’s current and future fundraising needs, tasks, and deadlines. The person in this role would also need to attend and/or schedule 2-3 update meetings and check-ins throughout the month.
This role is task-based and well-suited for freelancers or those with the ability to create flexible schedules for themselves and work with set deadlines. This is also ideal for someone with a clear commitment to and knowledge of Sixty’s communities (LGBTQ+, femme, BIPOC, diasporic, and disability). The role also has the option of being 100% remote and is open to anyone based in the Midwest.
What you’ll be doing
- Receiving an introduction to Sixty’s grant history (tools, past grant proposals, etc.) and reviewing existing grant writing plans and materials
- Researching new grant, sponsorship, and partnership opportunities
- Providing occasional support for Sixty’s grant writing and reporting efforts
- Organizing and distributing quarterly donor, funders, and partner updates
- Assisting in the planning of Sixty’s fundraising and outreach initiatives
- Collaborating with Sixty’s core team to strategize, develop, and grow our non-grant revenue
- Supporting the exploration and maintenance of new and established partnerships and collaborations
- Attending team revenue and administrative meetings throughout the month (virtual and occasionally in-person)
- Communicating consistent updates to Sixty’s core team using email, Slack, and other project management software
What you need to do it
- A commitment to Sixty’s mission and ethos.
- Integrity, discretion, and a commitment to creating a space that is warm, open, healthy, generative, and challenging.
- A knowledge, curiosity, or interest in grants, fundraising, and creative explorations into revenue models that can exist within a distributed leadership and arts context.
- Experience with arts administration and working collaboratively with a team of people on time-sensitive projects.
- Access to a computer, a wifi connection, and familiarity with word processing software (Google Doc, Microsoft Word, Pages, etc.). Experience with WordPress is a plus, but not required.
- A collaborative work ethic and mindset.
- A dedication to seeing assignments and commitments through to the end.
- A willingness to learn, ask questions, and openly ask for what you need.
Payment + Timeline
This is an 18-month independent contractor position. The compensation for this role is $23,040 ($1,280/month at 12-15 hrs/week) and the projected timeline of the role would be from January 8, 2024 to June 30, 2025. Availability on Wednesday afternoons between 12:30pm – 2pm CST is a plus. For this role, Sixty will pay out the stipend monthly, with the first month’s disbursement coming in January 2024. If at the end of 18-months an extension or evolution of this role is required or desired, we will discuss those terms together, if/when that time comes.
It’s important to note that the entire Sixty team takes two collective slowdowns each year: a 3-week Summer Slowdown starting June 19th (Juneteenth) and an 8-week Winter Slowdown starting December 1st. The person in this role will still receive a monthly stipend during these periods of collective rest.
Interested? Then please do the following and send it to email@example.com with “Revenue + Fundraising Coordinator” in the subject line. We will begin reviewing applications after the deadline date and will work to respond to all inquiries within a week of the deadline date.
- Write a brief statement on why you’re interested and the experience and perspective you bring to the role. In addition to providing us with an understanding of the scope of your experience with grants, fundraising, and development, it would be helpful to know what funders you’ve worked on grant applications and/or reports for. Also, if you’ve had experience in non-grant revenue (fundraising campaigns, sponsorships, in-kind donations, etc), please share examples of those and who those partners/sponsors/supporters were (if possible). You can keep it brief, 10-12 sentences or less.
- Provide a writing sample that demonstrates your professional writing experience. This can be something like press releases, promotional materials, or narrative text from a grant or residency application for your own practice (please don’t send materials that are confidential or the property of an organization or institution).
- Share any materials that demonstrate relevant experience. Feel free to include web links to work samples, include attachments (e.g. resume or CV), or send them in any other format you need to. If you have a resume that shows grant and fundraising-related work experience, please include that as well.
- Any questions you have for us about the role.
Deadline to apply: Sunday, October 15, 11:59pm CST