Community Caretaker + Facilitator (Sixty Collective)
Deadline to apply: Sunday, October 15, 11:59pm CST
Sixty Inches From Center is seeking someone to lead the outreach efforts of Sixty Collective, its new talent and advocacy project and platform that will be launching in 2024. The primary responsibilities of this role include the management of Sixty Collective member and website needs, researching and initiating relationships with regional organizations and communities, and the facilitation of internal team updates and monthly meetings.
Sixty Collective is a project that provides a supportive, informative, and advocacy-driven network for freelance arts workers in the Midwest as they navigate their self-employment, creative ambitions, and careers. The website will serve as a free resource and talent platform that showcases the skills of artists within Sixty’s creative, regional network. Additionally, and separate from the website, the project will offer a suite of customized programs and benefits offered exclusively to contributors to and collaborators of Sixty, including things such as funding and publishing opportunities, creative tools, peer networks, and creative life advising. The person in this role would take a co-lead role on the Sixty Collective project team.
This role is well-suited for freelancers or those with the ability to create flexible schedules for themselves and work with set deadlines. This is also ideal for someone with a clear commitment to and knowledge of Sixty’s communities (LGBTQ+, femme, BIPOC, diasporic, and disability). The role also has the option of being 100% remote and is open to anyone based in the Midwest.
What you’ll be doing
- Leading the management of Sixty Collective Member and website needs, including things like profile creation, profile updates, resource library updates, benefit access questions, and general inquiries
- Researching, initiating, and maintaining connections and relationships with regional projects, organizations, and arts communities
- Serving as the primary point of contact for Sixty Collective Members
- Managing general Sixty Collective inquiries via email
- Manage, communicate, and facilitate updates via the Sixty Collective Slack channels
- Providing creative and collaborative input and management support for Sixty Collective overall, including websites, benefits, outreach, promotion, growth, and sustainability.
- Thinking creatively about how to maintain and strengthen relationships between local, regional, and national communities of artists, arts workers, and others within these ecosystems.
- Coordinating and delivering a monthly internal newsletter to the Sixty team
- Organizing, attending and/or facilitating update meetings
What you need to do it
- A commitment to Sixty’s mission and ethos.
- Integrity, discretion, and a commitment to creating a space that is warm, open, healthy, generative, and challenging.
- Experience with arts administration and working collaboratively with a team of people on time-sensitive projects.
- An outgoing personality with a passion for creating and maintaining relationships with a wide range of community members.
- Proficient organizational and writing skills are required.
- Experience updating and maintaining websites is preferred, but not required.
- Access to a computer, a wifi connection, and familiarity with word processing software (Google Doc, Microsoft Word, Pages, etc.).
- A collaborative work ethic and mindset.
- A willingness to learn, ask questions, and openly ask for what you need.
Payment + Timeline
This is an 18-month independent contractor position. The compensation for this role is $23,040 ($1,280/month at 12-15 hrs/week) and the projected timeline of the role would be from January 8, 2024 to June 30, 2025. Availability on Monday afternoons between 1pm – 2:30pm CST is a plus. For this role, Sixty will pay out the stipend monthly, with the first month’s disbursement coming in January 2024. If at the end of 18-months an extension is required or desired, we will discuss the terms of the extension together, if/when that time comes.
It’s important to note that the entire Sixty team takes two collective slowdowns each year: a 3-week Summer Slowdown starting June 19th (Juneteenth) and an 8-week Winter Slowdown starting December 1st. The person in this role will still receive a monthly stipend during these periods of collective rest.
Interested? Then please do the following and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Community Caretaker + Facilitator (Sixty Collective)” in the subject line. We will begin reviewing applications after the deadline date and will work to respond to all inquiries within a week of the deadline date.
- Write a brief statement on why you’re interested, and the experience and perspective you bring to the role. You can keep it brief, 8-10 sentences or less.
- Share any materials that demonstrate relevant experience (feel free to include web links to work samples, include attachments (e.g. resume or CV), or send them in any other format you need to).
- Any questions you have for us about the project.
Deadline to apply: Sunday, October 15, 11:59pm CST