Social Media Lead
Deadline to apply: August 12, 2022
Sixty is seeking a Social Media Lead for its initiatives including Sixty Inches From Center and Sixty Collective, a new platform launching at the end of 2022. The person in this role will work closely with Sixty’s co-leads to develop and maintain a cohesive strategy across all social media platforms including Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
The ideal candidate for this role should be a freelancer with social media experience within the arts and an enthusiasm for ongoing engagement with social platforms, current cultural conversations, and interacting with artists, specifically those that make up Sixty’s community (LGBTQ+, femme, BIPOC, diasporic, and disability). Familiarity and an interest in working with editorial storytelling is highly preferred.
This role has the option of being 100% remote and is open to anyone based in the Midwest.
The base pay for this role is $1,000 per month with additional pay for ongoing and new grant-funded projects. This is a freelance role on retainer with a self-determined schedule.
For this role, the Social Media Lead will need to commit to the following:
- Working closely with Sixty’s core leadership to develop, maintain, and lead the social media strategy
- Guide Sixty into upcoming campaigns, initiatives, and projects that will need dedicated, ongoing, and planned promotional/outreach efforts
- Regular, weekly posting to Sixty’s social media accounts
- Re-contextualizing long-form editorial articles into succinct and engaging social media posts
- Creating Instagram Reels for articles and projects that require them
- Using Canva to design Instagram posts
- Using Buffer to schedule recently published articles, content from the archives, and social media suggestions from the team to then be shared on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- Co-managing DM messages and requests
- Thoughtfully expanding Sixty’s connections on social media and interacting with peers, artists, and organizations within our extended communities
- Participating in weekly digital communications meetings
What you’ll need to do it:
- A desire to be regularly active on social media and engage with Sixty’s community
- Strong and approachable writing style with a keen editorial eye for spelling and grammar
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- An ability to adapt to Sixty’s branding style
- Experience with graphic design is a plus
- An understanding of accessibility practices on social media and/or a willingness to learn
- A connection to the local and/or regional arts community
- A freelance schedule is highly preferred
Interested? Then please do the following and send it to email@example.com with “Social Media Lead” in the subject line. Deadline to apply: August 12, 2022.
- Write a brief statement introducing us to you. (4-6 sentences)
- Write a brief statement explaining why you’re interested in this role. (4-6 sentences)
- Provide Instagram and Twitter examples that clearly demonstrate your writing skills, strategies you’ve implemented, and/or other strengths you have.
- Share any materials that demonstrate relevant experience (feel free to include web links to work samples, your resume/CV, or PDF attachments).
- Any questions you have for us about this role.
We will begin reviewing applications after the deadline date and will work to respond to all inquiries within 7 to 10 days after the deadline date.