Deadline to apply: Friday, March 4, 2022 at 11:59pm CST
Sixty Inches From Center is seeking a freelance web developer to join the team for a new website project that focuses on promoting, preserving, and connecting artists, writers, and arts workers across the Midwest. The web developer will be responsible for leading the website-focused planning, building, and early testing of a pilot version of the platform with support and input from the Sixty team. Anyone joining this project will help build the website and also be asked to offer insights and suggestions on how to shape a platform that will best serve artists. Our ideal candidate is someone with experience in full stack web developing.
This position is 100% remote and open to anyone based in the Midwest.
The web developer will receive a fee of $5,000 (~140hrs @ $35/hr), with additional pay for any time adjustments or extensions needed. For this gig, Sixty will pay you 50% of the web developer fee up front and 50% at the end of the project. If an extension is required, payment can be distributed at the original deadline date.
We hope the web developer will be signed onto the project by or before March 21, 2022. We estimate that the contract period for this role will be about 5 months total (August 21, 2022), with that period including the building of the site, a testing period, and some time for early feedback and adjustments. We also recognize the uncertainty of the times we’re in and are pre-planning for a 4-6 week extension, if needed, with a chance to make payment revisions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Reviewing existing project plans and materials.
- Sketching and proposing your project time timeline and outlining goals and dates for the 5-month period of the role.
- Join team meetings for the project as relevant to your role, with some meetings being optional or availability-based.
- Researching elements of relevant models and platforms.
- Working closely with the graphic designer and UX consultant on the aesthetic elements and functionality of the platform.
- Spending a substantial amount of self-directed time on web development that incorporates your expertise as well as team conversations and decisions, reaching out with questions and requests whenever needed.
- Determining the best way to provide consistent updates along the way.
What you’ll need to do it:
- A commitment to Sixty’s mission and ethos.
- Experience as a full stack web developer.
- Experience with PHP and WordPress is preferred but not required.
- Integrity, discretion, and a commitment to creating a space that is warm, open, healthy, generative, and challenging.
- Experience building websites and profile-driven platforms. Bonus points if you’ve worked with artists or on cultural or archival projects.
- Access to the software and hardware needed to begin the project.
- A collaborative work ethic and mindset.
- A dedication to seeing the project through to the end.
- A willingness to learn, ask questions, and openly ask for what you need.
Interested? Then please do the following and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will begin reviewing applications after the deadline date and will work to respond to all inquiries within 7 to 10 days after the deadline date.
- Write a brief statement on why you’re interested. You can keep it brief, 5-6 sentences or less.
- Share any materials that demonstrate relevant experience (feel free to include web links to work samples, include attachments, or send them in any other format you need to).
- Any questions you have for us about the project.